Questions relating to employee data protection are of preeminent importance when we advise clients. Since the GDPR and the newly revised Federal Data Protection Act came into effect on May 25, 2018 with their new liability regimes and new material requirements, the topic of “data protection compliance“ has moved even more strongly into the focus of business and other players.
We advise foreign and domestic businesses of differing sizes and from a wide range of industries on all data protection issues, and above all, where employment law and compliance meet. This includes the following focuses:
- Adaptation and implementation of data protection compliance (shop agreements, records of processing activities, internal guidelines, declarations of consent, etc.) with a view to the GDPR and the new Federal Data Protection Act
- Negotiation of shop agreements with data protection relevance for IT systems, be this in the form of work-related computer programs or HR management systems, as well as concerning gate, locker and video controls and including compliance and internal investigations
- Supporting and executing internal investigations, including employee interviews, forensic measures, etc.
- Advisory services during the launch of systems sensitive to data protection, including providing expert opinions on possible means of implementation
- Drafting and negotiation of templates with external IT service providers (SLA‘s, order processing, etc.) and other documents (declarations of consent, etc.)
- Defense against data protection claims to information by employees, particularly in severance scenarios, etc.
- Introduction or conversion of all types of employee-related IT systems such as personnel information or time tracking systems
- Conduction of employee interviews and advice on current trends such as wearables or health apps
Our specialists for any questions concerning the topics compliance and employee data protection are Dr. Thilo Mahnhold und Dr. Daniel Klösel, who have not only written their doctoral theses in the area, but have also written numerous publications on compliance and data protection Compliance and data protection have been a frequent topic of our Client Newsletters as well as of our regularly held Breakfast Club.