As a law firm specialized in employment law we also represent the interests of our clients in matters concerning their general managers and management boards. Our special focus here is on advising shareholders or the supervisory board, starting from the hiring process to the handling of employment relationships with the members of corporate bodies down to severance scenarios.
Our advisory services include all service contract and corporate law aspects and take into account the GmbH Act and Joint Stock Corporations Act as well as supplementary regulations. If required, we provide assistance on issues beyond purely legal matters such as the question of the industry standards for appropriate salary levels, the length of notice periods or the use of post-contractual non-compete clauses. This includes the following aspects:
- Drafting and negotiation of service agreements with management board members and general managers, including the corporate-law execution of appointments to corporate bodies
- Negotiation and modeling of compensation packages such as in form of profit-sharing agreements, bonus systems, commission arrangements, company car agreements and pension commitments
- Advice in severance scenarios, including dismissals and terminations as well as negotiations of the terms of severance
- Representation in litigation before the labor and civil courts, particularly in all severance scenarios
- Advice and representation in litigation related to breaches of duty and possible in-court and out-of-court damage claims related to misconduct and liability as corporate bodies
Our specialists in this field are Caroline Bitsch und Dr. Henning Reitz, who is co-author of the section “Labor Court Proceedings” in Formularbuchs des Fachanwalts Arbeitsrecht, published by Luchterhand-Fachverlag.