Caroline Bitsch is a founding partner of the law firm JUSTEM Rechtsanwälte which has been in existence since January 2006. For many years, she has been advising and representing numerous national and international companies with her special expertise in labor law. Her particular focus is on the services and industrial sector. She is regularly recommended by JUVE, Legal 500, Best Lawyers and Leaders League.
Caroline Bitsch’s area of activity comprises the whole range of labor law seen from an employer’s viewpoint.
Her particular emphasis lies in the following areas:
- Chief executives and board member matters
- Reorganizations, restructurings, including negotiations with employee representatives on reconciliation of interest and social plan
- Employment law aspects of transactions
- Implementation of regulatory requirements in the financial services sector, such as the Regulation on Institutional Remuneration (Institutsvergütungsverordnung), MiFID II, etc.
- Company pension plans
Caroline Bitsch has great expertise in all questions of individual and collective labor law and long-term experience in representing national and international clients. Her particular industrial focusses lie in the areas of banking and financial services, the metal and electronic industry as well as transport and logistics.
Caroline Bitsch is a founding member of the law firm JUSTEM Rechtsanwälte, which has been in existence since January 2006. Before that, since 1987, she worked as a lawyer and since 1991 as a partner for Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and its German predecessor law firms Westrick & Eckholdt, Bruckhaus Westrick Stegemann and Bruckhaus Westrick Heller Löber, specializing in labor law. She speaks German and English.
For many years, Caroline Bitsch has been an active member of the American Chamber of Commerce in Germany e.V., to which JUSTEM Rechtsanwälte belongs.
- Regular lectures in the JUSTEM breakfast series and events on selected topics such as the Regulation on Institutional Remuneration (Institutsvergütungsverordnung)
- In-house training on many labor law topics, including management seminars
- American Chamber of Commerce in Germany e.V. as Policy Expert Social & Labor Affairs
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA)
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft Arbeitsrecht im Deutschen Anwaltsverein e.V. (Working Group on Labor Law of the German Bar Association registered association)
- Deutsch-Japanische Juristenvereinigung e.V.- (DJJV) (German-Japanese Lawyer’s Association)